It is the New Year’s so I was going to start something new when a friend, May, reminded me about finishing. I started in September with an ironing board full of projects and UFO ‘s and have made good progress. Today I decided to see what else was in the Tupperware, since I have used up all the Civil War and 1930s reproduction projects in there, it was time to pull out some of the bright novelty fabric. I found these two sunbonnet Sue blocks along with all these squares cut different sizes.
I just started taking the different sized pieces and pieced them together in strips.
Added squares to the top of the sunbonnet block, the sunbonnet blocks are rather large about 18 inches..
Sometimes a little bit of trimming is needed but it is kind of like putting together a puzzle
I continue to add the strips and when I got this far I decided that if I used both sunbonnet blocks the quilt will be really large. It is really hard for me not to make every quilt king-size.
Added a couple more rows and the quilt finished 51 x 72. Still thinking about whether to add borders or not, I feel it would make the quilt too big for one of my granddaughters.
I thought I would make a big dent with these bright novelty fabrics, definitely have enough for another project. Maybe I will work on that project tomorrow.
Have a wonderful evening,