I debated when I was working on the orphan block quilt how I would do the final border. I had this box of various squares and rectangles. I figured since I was trying to use up all my orphan blocks, I should also try to use up some of the squares.
I decided to make sure that all of my units measured 6 inches wide. The length of unit did not matter.
I came up with these five different units.
Just started piecing them together to form the borders.
Here are a couple shots of the finished quilt and close-ups of the border. If you have any questions at all, email me anytime.
The quilt finished 101 in.², it was just as much fun to work on as the Civil War quilt was. I do have some orphan bright colored blocks and novelty blocks but I think I’m going to be saving them until after Christmas.
I am looking forward to pumpkin carving and Halloween. Can’t wait to enjoy the holidays with my children and grandchildren. Wishing you all a wonderful evening.
Happy stitching ,